Thursday, October 3, 2013

Platforms for information gathering

One of my assignments for my digital badge in futures studies was to choose a platform for storing and retrieving online articles, posts, and content. The goal is to do regular "scans" of news, books, and web chatter to understand trends in a wide range of areas (social, political, environmental, economic, technological) as well as industry-specific trend (in my case, museums). In order to scan effectively, you need a place to store the articles of interest.

I've chosen Evernote.

I've used it for a few months now, so this will be a more formal use of a known platform for me. It has good visual display for information retrieval and integrates with social media sharing and blog aggregators.

My intuition says that the trick to good scanning will be to selectively save articles. I will have the tendency to save everything, but my goal is to keep up a strong filter and only save things worth looking at again.

No comments:

Post a Comment